- Yu, L. & Yang, L. (2023). Mental health risks persist over time? Psychological Distress of Chinese Residents in Canada across three years of the pandemic. Epidemiology (research abstract). University of Toronto Journal of Public Health. DOI: 10.33137/utjph.v4i1.40616
- Yu, L., Cao, Y., Wang, Y., Liu, T., MacDonald, A., Bian, F., Li, X., W, X., Zhang, Z., Wang, P., Yang, L. (in press). Mental Health Conditions of Chinese International Students and Associated Predictors Amidst the Pandemic. Journal of Migration and Health.
- Dong, L. & Yang, L. (2023). COVID-19 anxiety: The impact of older adults’ transmission of negative information and online social networks. Aging and Health Research. 3 (1), 100119. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ahr.2023.100119
- Yang, L., *Kandasamy, K., Hasher, L. (2022). Inhibition and creativity in aging: Does distractibility enhance creativity? The Annual Review of Developmental Psychology, 4: 353-375. https://doi.org/10.1146/annurev-devpsych-121020030705
- Yang, L., *Yu, L., *Kandasamy, K., *Wang, Y., Shi, F., Zhang, W., & Wang, P. P. (2022). Non-pathological psychological distress among Mainland Chinese in Canada and its sociodemographic risk factors amidst the pandemic. HealthCare, 10(11): 2326. https://doi.org/10.3390/healthcare10112326
- Yang, L., *Kandasamy, K., Na, L., Zhang, W., & Wang, P. P. (2022). Perceived and experienced anti-Chinese discrimination and its associated psychological impacts among Chinese Canadians during the Wave 2 of the COVID-19 pandemic. Psychology, Health & Medicine. DOI: 10.1080/13548506.2022.2142947
- *Lecompte, M., Counsell, A., & Yang, L. (2022). Demographic and COVID experience predictors of COVID-19 risk perception among Chinese residents in Canada. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, 19, 14448. https://doi.org/10.3390/ijerph192114448.
- Bolourchian, M., Alizadeh, A., Yang, L., Wang, P., & Snow, D. F. (2022). The effects of perceived discrimination against Chinese immigrants during COVID-19. Annals of Epidemiology (ACE Abstracts), 73, p 55. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.annepidem.2022.06.031
- Bolourchian, M., Yang, L., Wang, P., Alizadeh, A., & Snow, D. F. (2022). Attitudes towards Chinese residents in Canada during COVID-19. Annals of Epidemiology (ACE Abstracts), 73, p 55. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.annepidem.2022.06.032
- Yu, L., Cao, Y., Wang, Y., Liu, T., MacDonald, A., Bian, F. Li, X., Wang, X., Zhang, Z., Wang, P. P., & Yang, L. (2022). Impact of COVID-19 Pandemic on Mental Health among International Students. Annals of Epidemiology (ACE Abstracts), 75,p 55. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.annepidem.2022.06.023
- Su, C., Yang, L., Dong, L., & Zhang, W. (2022). The Psychological Well-Being of Older Chinese Immigrants in Canada amidst COVID-19: The Role of Loneliness, Social Support, and Acculturation. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, 19(14), 8612. https://doi.org/10.3390/ijerph19148612
- Lee, A. D. Y., Wang, P. P., Zhang, W., & Yang, L. (2022). COVID-19 Peritraumatic Distress and Loneliness in Chinese Residents in North America: The Role of Contraction Worry. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, 19(13), 7639. https://doi.org/10.3390/ijerph19137639
- Truong, L.; Kandasamy, K.; Yang, L. (2022). Cognitive Control in Young and Older Adults: Does Mood Matter? Brain Sciences, 12, 50. https://www.mdpi.com/2076-3425/12/1/50
- Yu, L.; Lecompte, M.; Zhang, W.; Wang, P.; & Yang, L. (2022). Sociodemographic and COVID-Related Predictors for Mental Health Condition of Mainland Chinese in Canada Amidst the Pandemic. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, 19, 171. https://doi.org/10.3390/ijerph19010171. https://www.mdpi.com/1660-4601/19/1/171/pdf
- Wang, L.., Yu, J., Chen, D., & Yang, L. (2021). Relationships among COVID-19 Prevention Practices, Risk Perception and Individual Characteristics: A Temporal Analysis. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, 18, 10901. https://doi.org/10.3390/ ijerph182010901. https://www.mdpi.com/1660-4601/18/20/10901
- Na, L. Yang, L., Yu, L., Bolton, K., Zhang, W., & Wang, P. (2021). The Appraisal and Endorsement of Individual and Public Preventive Measures to Combat COVID-19 and the Associated Psychological predictors among Chinese Living in Canada. Open Journal of Public Health. https://openpublichealthjournal.com/VOLUME/14/PAGE/592/FULLTEXT/
- Na, L.& Yang, L. (2021). Psychological and behavioral responses during the COVID-19 pandemic among individuals with mobility and/or self-care disabilities. Disability and Health Journal. ttps://doi.org/10.1016/j.dhjo.2021.101216. https://authors.elsevier.com/a/1duaC6uM4neMIg
- Kong, Y., Shaver, L. Shi, F., Yang, L., Zhang W., Wei, X., Zhu, Y., Wang, Y., Wang, P. (2021). Attitudes of Chinese immigrants in Canada towards the use of Traditional Chinese Medicine for prevention and management of COVID-19: a cross-sectional survey during the early stages of the pandemic. BMJ open. https://bmjopen.bmj.com/content/11/9/e051499.long
- Wong, B. I., Lecompte, M., & Yang, L. (2021) The age-related associative deficit simulated by relational divided attention: encoding strategy and recollection, Memory, 29:3, 406-415, DOI: 10.1080/09658211.2021.1898645
- Yang, L., *Truong, L., & *Li, L. (2021). Survival processing effect in memory under semantic divided attention. Canadian Journal of Experimental Psychology. 10.1037/cep0000210. Advance online publication. https://doi.org/10.1037/cep0000210
- Yang, L., Yu, L., Zhang, W., Wei, X., Shi, F., & Wang, P. (2020). The perceived psychological distress towards COVID-19 and its demographic predictors. Annuals of Epidemiology, 52, p 107. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.annepidem.2020.08.034
- Zhang, W., Chai, L., Fan, J., Wang, P., Wei, X. & Yang, L. (2020). COVID-19, racial discrimination, and psychological distress. Annuals of Epidemiology, 52, p106. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.annepidem.2020.08.032
- Kong, Y., Shaver, L., Shi, F., Yang, L., Zhang, W., Wei, X., Wang, Y., & Wang, P. (2020). Belief and Usage of Traditional Chinese Medicine as Preventative Measure against COVID-19 Infection During the Pandemic among Chinese Immigrants in Canada. Annuals of Epidemiology, 52, p105. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.annepidem.2020.08.027
- Yang, L., Gallant, S. N., Wilkins, L. K., & Dyson, B. (2020). Cognitive and Psychosocial Outcomes of Self-Guided Executive Function Training and Low-Intensity Aerobic Exercise in Healthy Older Adults. Frontiers in Aging Neuroscience. 12: 576744. doi: 10.3389/fnagi.2020.576744
- Wilkinson, A., & Yang, L. (2020). Long-term maintenance of multiple task inhibition practice and transfer effects in older adults: A 3.5-year follow-up. Psychology and Aging, 35(5), 765–772. https://doi.org/10.1037/pag0000430
- *Gallant, S. N., *Carvalho, M., *Hansi, J., & Yang, L. (2019). The effect of emotional distraction on hyper-binding in young and older adults. Cognition & emotion, 34(4), 839–847. https://doi.org/10.1080/02699931.2019.1668750
- *Gallant, S. N., Spaniol, J., & Yang, L. (2019). Age differences in cue utilization during prospective and retrospective memory monitoring. Psychology and Aging.
- Mallya, S., Reed, M., & Yang, L.(2019). A theoretical framework for using humor to reduce the effects of chronic stress on cognitive function in older adults: An integration of findings and methods from diverse areas of psychology. HUMOR: International Journal of Humor Research, p 1-23, https://doi.org/10.1515/humor-2017-0068.
- Yang, L., Li, J., *Wilkinson, A., Spaniol, J., & Hasher, L. (2018). East-West cultural differences in encoding objects in imagined social contexts. Plos One. 13(11): e0207515. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0207515
- *Gallant, S. N., Pun, C., & Yang, L. (2018). Age differences in the neural correlates underlying control of emotional memory: An event-related potential study. Brain Research, 1697, 83-92. doi: 10.1016/j.brainres.2018.06.019
- Girard, T., Wilkins, L., Lyons, K., Yang, L., & Christensen, B. (2018). Traditional Test Administration and Proactive Interference Undermine Visual-Spatial Working Memory Performance in Schizophrenia-Spectrum Disorders. Cognitive Neuropsychiatry, 23(4): 242-253.doi: 10.1080/13546805.2018.1479248.
- *Wong, B., Yin, S., Yang, L.Li, J., Spaniol, J. (2017). Cultural differences in memory for objects and backgrounds in pictures. Journal of Cross-Cultural Psychology, 1-14. doi: 10.1177/0022022117748763. journals.sagepub.com/home/jcc.
- Judges, R. A., *Gallnt, S. N., Yang, L., & Lee, K. (April 13, 2017). The role of cognition, personality, and trust in fraud victimization in older adults. Frontiers in Psychology, 8, 588. doi: 10.3389/fpsyg.2017.00588. https://doi.org/10.3389/fpsyg.2017.00588
- *Gallant, S., Dyson, B. J., Yang, L. (2017). Local context effects during emotional item directed forgetting in younger and older adults. Memory, 25 (8),1129-1138. doi: 10.1080/09658211.2016.1274036.
- Tallon, K., Koerner, N., & Yang, L.(2016). Working memory in Generalized Anxiety Disorder: Effects of verbal and image-based worry and relation to cognitive and emotional processes.Journal of Experimental Psychopathology, 7(1), 72-94. doi: 10.5127/jep.045714
- *Wilkinson, A.J., & Yang, L.(2016). Long-term maintenance of inhibition training effects in older adults: 1- and 3-year follow-up. Journals of Gerontology: Psychological Sciences, 71 (4), 622-629. doi: 10.1093/geronb/gbu179.
- *Wilkinson, A. J., & Yang, L.(2016). Inhibition plasticity in older adults: Practice and transfer effects using a multiple task approach. Neural Plasticity, Volume 2016, Article ID 9696402, 12 pages. doi: 10.1155/2016/9696402
Photo Source: Manypixels. (n.d.). Free to use Illustrations by ManyPixels.[illustration]. https://www.manypixels.co/gallery